Tuesday, June 5

 

Mutt & Jeff


Alister and I worked out today. Alister is about 5' 7" and I am 6' 7". Our routine is a cooperative exercise. The difference in stature presents interesting dynamics seen in the flight of the ball. Does Alister have to fight gravity and throw up hill? And, do I get to use gravity to further accentuate my advantage in leverage and strength? Or, can the field be leveled; both figuratively and literally? How I use my leg answers the questions. I need to lower myself while catching; allowing Alister to accurately deliver the ball to the target within proper parameters for a person of his stature. And, because I have to take some power off the ball, I need to lengthen my stride to facilitate the lowering of my release point. The lengthening of my stride loads my legs and I have to concentrate on my core to a greater degree to maintain the accuracy I need. This flexible use of the medicine ball gives both players a payoff in exercise, and challenges them to accurately complete the routine. Thereby adhering to our motto of "Fun Work & Hard Play".
Our summer times are Mon & Thur at 7 am, see you there.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?